Are You Prepared? Stormy Conditions Possible This Week

Heavy rain and strong winds are predicted through Friday, October 20. The City of Kenmore encourages residents and businesses to prepare for severe weather. Please consider the tips below. To stay updated on northwest weather conditions, visit  

City crews work to keep storm drains clear but with over 4,000 drains in Kenmore, we could use your help.

How You Can Help

  • Check storm drain grates frequently to make sure they are free of leaves and debris;
  • Rake leaves away from storm drains near your house or business;
  • Do not remove the grate from the storm drain opening; and
  • Dispose of leaves in your yard waste container or compost bin, please don’t blow or rake them into the roadway. 

With your assistance, we can keep streets safe and clear and can reduce property damage caused by flooding. Your help is appreciated and makes a difference! Thank you.

Sandbag Depots

Consider using sandbags to prevent flood damage. The City has deployed sandbags at four designated locations for use during the flood season. Please notify the City prior to taking sandbags by calling 425-398-8900. This will allow the City to track the number of sandbags used and to refill the locations. Make sure to know how to properly place the sandbags.


  • Near Kenmore Elementary, NE 192nd Street & 73rd Ave NE
  • Rhododendron Park, 6910 NE 170th Street
  • Log Boom Park, 60th Ave NE & NE 175th Street
  • Arrowhead Drive, 67th Ave NE & NE 155th Street

    Downed Power Lines – Stay Clear, Stay Safe

High wind and heavy rainfall can cause trees to fall and possible power outages. As a reminder, if you come across a downed power line, stay as far away from it as you can and call Puget Sound Energy at 1-888-225-5773. Assume it is live. Never touch a downed power line or anything near it. In addition, do not drive over downed power lines. Should a power line fall on your car when you’re driving, stay in the car until help arrives. If a person or pet comes in contact with a power line, stay clear and call 911 immediately. Do not touch the victim or the wire.

If there’s a power outage, remember to use alternative heat sources safely and wisely. Follow manufacturers’ instructions. Adequately vent fueled space heaters (e.g., kerosene, propane, alcohol) to avoid fatal carbon monoxide gas buildup. Also, do not use outdoor grills or camp stoves indoors as they may cause carbon monoxide poisoning. To report a power outage, call Puget Sound Energy at 1-888-225-5773.

Additional preparedness tips:

  • Call 9-1-1 only for life-threatening emergencies.
  • Have your flashlights ready and cell phone charged.
  • Do not walk or wade in flooded areas.
  • Do not attempt to drive through standing water as your vehicle may stall.
  • Watch for “Street Closed” signs. They are placed by crews for your safety.
  • Listen to your radio or television for storm forecasts and other information.
  • If you are caught in your building by rapidly rising waters, call 911 for help. Then move to a higher floor or to the roof. Take weatherproof clothing, a flashlight, a cell phone, and a portable radio.
  • Check on your disaster preparedness kit to ensure it contains food, light sticks, water, flashlights, a battery-powered radio and a wind-up clock.
  • Be a good neighbor. Find out if your neighbor needs any assistance with clearing storm drains or with any additional tasks.
  • Read general flood information at

For Assistance and Info

Visit the City of Kenmore website for individual and business preparedness brochures, snow and ice removal plan, and additional information. “Like Us” on Facebook, or “Follow Us” on Twitter,

  • Kenmore Residents: To Report Severe Flooding

If localized flooding is severe and you are unable to clear the drain, please call Kenmore City Hall at 425-398-8900 during business hours or after hours call 206-296-8100.

  • Kenmore Residents: To Report Hazardous Road Conditions

To report hazardous road conditions during business hours call Kenmore City Hall at 425-398-8900 or after hours call King County Dispatch at 206-296-8100.

  • Puget Sound Energy

To report a power outage, call PSE at 1-888-225-5773. Or, download the PSE app at

  • Northshore Utility District


  • Republic Services


  • Washington State Department of Transportation

Road Conditions call 511

  • King County Metro

Sign up to receive King County Transit Alerts online.

  • Sound Transit Rider Information

Sign up to receive Sound Transit Alerts online.

Last updated: Tue, 10/17/2017 - 2:38pm