Report an animal issue

Animal control services in the City of Kenmore are provided by Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) under an Interlocal Agreement. For information on animal control services, to find a lost pet, help a stray animal, or to report other animal control related issues, contract the RASKC call center at (206) 296-PETS (7387) or email

RASKC animal control field officers respond to the following requests:

  • leash law enforcement
  • vicious animal complaints
  • cruelty investigations
  • animal bites
  • injured animal rescues
  • "dead-on-arrival" livestock/cats/dogs
  • police department calls for assistance
  • aggressive or sick animal pick-up

If you are experiencing a life-threatening animal-related emergency, call 9-1-1. Lower priority calls, including, but not limited to, non-emergent high priority events, patrol requests, trespass, stray dog/cat, barking dog, leash law violation, trap request, and confined animal notification will be responded to by call center staff over the telephone, referral to other resources, or by dispatch of an animal control field officer as necessary or available.


Animal Sheltering
The City of Kenmore contracts with Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) for animal shelter services of dogs and cats. PAWS is a champion for animals - rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife, sheltering and adopting homeless cats and dogs, and educating people to make a better world for animals and people.


15305 44th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98087
Tel (425) 787-2500

For more information about the PAWS sheltering program, hours of operation, or to adopt a pet, please see the PAWS Shelter website.

Last updated: Fri, 03/13/2015 - 12:15pm